For much of the 20th century and now into the 21st century Britain, supported by her allies, has seen her young men and women serve in countless places around the globe and often make the supreme sacrifice. They have waded ashore at Normandy, toiled under the desert sun in Libya, searched out terrorists in the Malayan jungles, been cold and wet in the South Atlantic, patrolled the streets of Belfast, and now they are still making us proud as they go about their business in Afghanistan.
The War and Peace Revival is paying its own tribute to these heroes by telling their stories so that present and future generations will learn of their courage and understand the sacrifices they made.
Join us at the ‘Veterans Rendezvous’ inside the Victory Marquee (V Marquee), close to the heart of the show where you will be made welcome and will be able to:
- Meet up with old comrades, enjoy a drink and exchange reminiscences.
- Take a trip down Memory Lane with the vehicles and equipment you once used.
- Meet re-enactors and living history groups who keep the memories of what you did alive.
- Enjoy music, fashion and entertainment from the 1930’s, 1940’s 1950’s and 1960’s.
Veterans’ Parade and Drumhead Service. This will take place on Saturday at 11:30am.
- Parade form-up is outside the Victory Marquee.
- Standards attending should call Steve Morgan 01258 857700 to register their attendance.
If you would like to join us on any day of the show you will need to contact us via email or call the office 01258 857700